Janice Issitt                    Life and Style

travel, interiors, photography, home, crafts, personal style

4 Feb 2015

Romance and Roses

This week I have seen a few themes running with my friends on Instagram, so I have decided to join in with these fun photo stylings and thought I would share them here as well.

"Capture By Lucy" has a great blog and feed on Instagram, she runs a few photo challenges like Capturing Colour. Just follow the hashtags. 

This week her Capturing Colour theme is Pink, whilst over at Lobster and Swan blog they are Styling The Seasons, with February being Romance. 

Another Instagram challenge came from Fabulous Thrifted Finds, their theme being glass, so to kill three birds with one stone I played with all these ideas. 

My motivation levels have been very low during January so this was just the kick up the proverbials that I needed to get styling and snapping. 


paper weight a rose in glass from Aylesbury Antique Market


a collection of my own vintage items which is my idea of Romance


this chair has just been finished, painted and upholstered by myself.

I chose Travel for my romance theme, the idea of being dashed off to Paris for Valentines would be my perfect date. 

As my latest chair makeover is quite romantic I have included this in the pics, the fabric is from great Facebook friend Betty Zee who does fab things with fabric, and the paintwork is from the usual source, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Ive recently been indulging my collection of needlepoint cushions too with several more being finished just now for inclusion in photos soon. 

To find me on instagram go to http://instagram.com/janiceissitt_life_style/

and if you like a good blog then check outhttp://capturebylucy.com and http://lobsterandswan.com


This heart box is very old, it's a watch box which belonged to my Dad. Styled pink and romantic and glass for all the themes. 






Ive had these shoes for years, the postcard came from Instgram seller Half Moon Hobo



thrifted 50s frosted glassware, 
Thanks for popping by, and don't forget to check us Instagrammers out. See you all soon.

A little p.s. just adding a few more pics as Ive also joined with  Emily Quinton for Floral Friday Competition. 





Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig