Janice Issitt                    Life and Style

travel, interiors, photography, home, crafts, personal style

21 Jun 2015

Styling The Seasons for June part 2

It's been a beautiful but very sad month.  The world lost a great musician and personal friend, a great father and and inspirational spirit.

I don't often get too personal, try to keep it light hearted, but I noticed a melancholy tone to my work this month and lots of my styling has been influenced by this event. 

We will be saying goodbye in early July at a funeral in the woods, a no black party to celebrate a life well lived. 

Roses from my garden and some pieces I made myself.




I went to Yarnspiration2015, a beautifully organised event, and an extremely generous host, the goody bag was superb.

I took two classes, the morning was weaving and the afternoon was mixed media collage.

I will be doing a photo tutorial about the weaving because I really want to do more and explore its possibilities.







Here are my two pieces of work together, the mixed media collage featuring music score, old letters, dried flowers, fabric and keys.
Our teacher was Sarah Notes who you really should go and follow on Instagram as her work is very unique and she has a style of her own.

Over on the At Mine site they have categories for Styling The Seasons and for Urban Jungle Bloggers, great places to see more styling ideas.  

I've decided to create a community for paint lovers, or colour lovers I guess, whatever has been transformed by paint can be tagged with #paintpassion

If you have photos of something you have done with paint then please add that hashtag so I can find it. 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig